Post date: May 10, 2018 8:23:41 PM
SPRING FAIR IS COMING UP!
Spring Fair is coming up on Sunday, May 20th, from 5:30-8pm! We will have bounce houses, soccer, balloons, snow cones, games, a dj, face-painting, and more! There will be a trolley with books, as well! The cost is $10 per child, and adults and incoming kindergarteners are free. Be sure to bring money for spirit wear and food trucks.
Thank you to our great sponsors. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com!
SPRING FAIR TEACHER/STAFF RAFFLES
Fallsmead teachers and staff will be raffling off special activities at Spring Fair! Raffle ticket sales begin next week. Each ticket will cost $1! Below are the "treats" that will be raffled off:
- K&1st - winner from each teacher and a friend have a pizza lunch
- 2nd - winner from each teacher and a friend have a lunch bunch and get to make dessert-some to eat and some to bring home!
- 3rd - 10 winners will enjoy an ice cream party with the teachers4th - winner from each teacher and a friend have an ice cream party
- 5th&Specialists - winner from each teacher and a friend have a pizza lunch and dessert
- Principal for the day
- Tea party with Mrs. Silverstein for the winner and 3 friends
- Basketball game with Mr. Fish for winner and friends
- Basketball game with Mr. Reid and 4 friends
- Fun Run with Mrs. Mack, Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Kumar - popsicles included!
- Lunch with Mrs. Litwin and a friend
- Dodgeball with Mr. Litwin and 15 friends
- Reserved seating for 5th Grade Celebration
- Reserved parking spot for the 2018-2019 school year
- Reserved seating for Festival of the Arts Choral performance
TREAT YOUR TEACHERS TO A WISH LIST ITEM!
SLICE OF ROCKVILLE AND CARMEN'S DOUBLE DINEOUT
Come join us for a DOUBLE dineout at Slice of Rockville AND Carmen's Italian Ice & Cafe on Tuesday, May 22nd, from 5-9pm.
Bring the family out for a spring treat, and both restaurants will donate 20 percent of all sales back to Fallsmead! If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
2018-2019 PTA PRESIDENT AND CHAIRS STILL NEEDED
- We are still looking for the following 2018-2019 Board Member and Chairs:PTA President
- Donuts With Dads Chair
- International Festival Co-Chair
FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS
Please join us Wednesday, May 16th, from 7-8:15 pm for our annual Festival of the Arts! The evening will begin with a musical performance by our 5th grade chorus, followed by instrumental music performances starting at 7:30 by our wandering musicians. Finally, walk around the school and view the art exhibit which includes art from every student in the school!
INCOMING KINDERGARTENER PLAYDATES
Calling all parents with incoming fall kindergarteners! The first playdate for incoming fall kindergarteners is Sunday, May 20th, at 5:00 pm at Rockmead Park (right next to Fallsmead ES on Gerard Street). Click here to see the flyer with more information about this summer's play dates!
DID YOU MISS THE YEARBOOK SALE?
If so, you're in luck! The Yearbook Committee will have a limited supply of yearbooks available for purchase for $30 each. Checks can be made out to "Fallsmead PTA" and dropped off in the front office. Contact email@example.com to get your name on the list as the sale will be first come, first served.
PRE-ORDER FALL SCHOOL SUPPLIES NOW!
It's time to order school supplies for the Fall! Have your school supplies waiting for your child on the first day of school. School Tool Box makes it easy! Online sales begin April 30th. To pre-order supplies, go to www.schooltoolbox.com. Sale ends on the last day of school. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROVIDE YOUR INPUT ON THE NEW MCPS CURRICULUM
MCPS announced last month that it is planning on replacing its current educational curriculum. To assist in the process, MCPS is seeking feedback on the new curriculum rollout process and plans. If you would like to provide input, please click here to take the MCPS Curriculum Review Feedback Survey. MCPS has also set up a webpage that provides more information on the curriculum conversation for those interested. From this page, you can read the history of the curriculum review, read the report on 2.0, see the implementation timeline, and more!
Interested in joining Cub Scout Pack 1753? Come check us out at our last meeting of the year on Thursday, May 17 at 7 pm in the Fallsmead ES APR! We will be building and launching small Estes rockets (weather permitting) on the Fallsmead field. We are looking for boys and girls in grades K-5 for the upcoming school year. Spread the word to incoming Kindergarteners for our new Lions program! If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Erin Markowitz at email@example.com.