We love volunteers at Fallsmead, and the PTA relies on the time and energy of dedicated volunteers to make every school year a great one. There are positions and opportunities for everyone! Please contact the Committee Chair or PTA President for more information.
See a need and want to create a new committee to improve our school? The PTA is always open to new ideas! Please contact your PTA President.
JOIN THE PTA BOARD!
- President: PTA Superhero who keeps the PTA organized and on track! Our own personal Superhero coordinates the PTA agenda; runs the monthly PTA meeting; acts as the face of the PTA for those with questions on PTA activities and planning; oversees the activities of the Board members; and attends and speaks at various school events.
- Vice President (Communications): The Communications VP manages all PTA communications (emails, flyers, social media, morning announcements, school sign board, etc.). This position also oversees and acts as a liaison to the Board for several PTA Committees (e.g., Boo Hoo Breakfast, Room Parent Coordinator, Service Projects, Staff Appreciation, and Webmaster).
- Vice President (Finance): Supports the Treasurer by collecting and tracking checks and making bank deposits; tracks obligations by Committee to ensure they expenditures are within budget; and coordinates the use of weekend school facilities.
- Vice President (Special Events): This position oversees and acts as a liaison to the Board for several PTA Committees (e.g., Movie Night, Book Fair, Back to School Bash, Science Fair, and International Festival).
- Vice President (Promotions): This position oversees and acts as a liaison to the Board for several PTA Committees (e.g., After School Programs, 5th Grade Celebration, Mingle with Moms, Variety Show, and Restaurant Fundraisers).
- Secretary: Responsible for attending the monthly PTA meeting and taking and keeping the minutes of those meetings.
- Treasurer: Responsible for the PTA Bank accounts, filing of PTA tax forms, and other financial/legal obligations.
- Parliamentarian: Responsible for attending the monthly PTA meetings and ensuring that the rules of order are followed for all voting and other PTA obligations.
VOLUNTEER AT ONE-TIME COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Back-to-School Bash: Help plan this fun-filled family event that has moonbounces, a DJ, food trucks, and more
- Boo Hoo Breakfast: Organize coffee and morning treats for new Fallsmead parents on the first day of school. Great for those who want to get their feet wet in volunteering!
- Book Fair: Coordinate or help at the Scholastic Book Fair, a week-long fall event where families can buy affordable high-interest books for their children and Fallsmead classrooms.
- Donuts with Dads/Mingle with Moms: Twice a year, we celebrate moms, dads, and any other special guest. Help coordinate, or volunteer to serve juice, coffee, and morning treats. Quick and easy for new volunteers!
- Fifth Grade Celebration: Help plan this great event, which is complete with games, music, and food to recognize our 5th graders as they move to middle school.
- Grandparent's Day: Coordinate a day for grandparents (usually right before Thanksgiving break) to come and see their grandkids’ classrooms.
- International Festival: Coordinate or participate in an event to celebrate our heritage and diversity during this one-evening world tour at Fallsmead.
- Kindergarten Orientation: Help set up Kindergarten Orientation and summer play dates for incoming kindergartners. Parents with incoming kindergarteners are the perfect volunteers to set up the play dates!
- Movie Night: Coordinate several movie nights at Fallsmead throughout the year. In addition, this person orders pizza and snacks for sale at the events.
- New Parent Welcome: Help plan a welcome snack for new parents before the first PTA meeting.
- Science Fair: All young scientists can participate in this school-wide event. We need several volunteers to organize and run this event.
- Spring Fair: We need LOTS of volunteers to plan and run this super fun spring event featuring a DJ, soccer, food trucks, dessert, games, bouncing, face painting, and more!
- Variety Show: We need many volunteers to help plan and organize this great winter event showcasing our students’ many amazing talents.
VOLUNTEER FOR PTA/SCHOOL ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS
- After School Programs: Determines the After School activities from approved vendors. Creates the schedule with vendors and reviews the school’s procedures with them.
- Cultural Arts/Science Assemblies: Schedule assemblies such as theater/dance groups, musical performers, and science demonstrations.
- Leadership Committee: Attends school-wide leadership meetings throughout the year.
- MCCPTA Rep: Participates in PTA trainings and serves as a liaison for the PTA.
- Membership Committee: Organizes the annual PTA membership drive and puts together and distributes the school directory.
- Room Parent Coordinator: Coordinates all the room parents (usually via email) and provides guidance for the school-wide class parties (like Halloween and Valentine's Day) and Staff Appreciation Week.
- School Tool Boxes: Organize School Tool Box orders in the spring and distribute them in the fall at back-to-school time.
- Staff Appreciation: Help plan various staff appreciation activities (e.g., appreciation lunches and May Staff Appreciation Week) to remind our teachers and staff how much they are valued.
- Teacher Wish List: Works with teachers and staff to solicit and publicize Teacher Wish List items.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Provides training for new volunteers.
- Webmaster: Keeps the PTA’s website up-to-date and full of useful PTA information.
- Yearbook: Help create the school yearbook or take pictures at different school events. We need multiple volunteers to make this successful.
HELP WITH FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITIES
The PTA runs a number of fundraisers to support the programs we do all year long.
- Box Tops: Earn money for our school by cutting out Box Tops and sending them to school. The Box Tops Chair coordinates this process to make it even easier!
- Fundraisers Chair: Coordinates fundraisers for the school to support all of the awesome events that the PTA sponsors. This role is critical to the success of the PTA!
- Restaurant Fundraisers: Set up several restaurant fundraisers during the school year.
- Silent Auction/Gala: Help plan our biennial silent auction, our biggest fundraiser of the year.
- Spirit Wear: The Spirit Wear Chair helps choose and sell Fallsmead Spirit Wear.
VOLUNTEER AT SCHOOL
- Career Day: Come and speak to students about your career, education, and work.
- Classroom/School Volunteers: Teachers (especially in the younger classrooms) and Fallsmead staff always appreciate assistance from volunteer parents for every-day classroom tasks, to help students with classroom activities, and to help out with school activities.
- Field Days: Work with the PE teacher to help organize and assist with games during this fun day in the spring.
- Room Parents: Help your teacher meet his/her class needs, plan class parties, and communicate information to parents via email.
- Recess Helper: Volunteer time at the playground or at lunch.