The PTA relies on the time and energy of dedicated volunteers to make every school year a great one. There are positions and opportunities for everyone! Please contact the Committee Chair or PTA President for more information.
See a need and want to create a new committee to improve our school? The PTA is always open to new ideas! Please contact your PTA President.
Join the PTA Board!
- President: PTA Superhero who keeps the PTA organized and on track! Our own personal Superhero coordinates the PTA agenda; runs the monthly PTA meeting; acts as the face of the PTA for those with questions on PTA activities and planning; oversees the activities of the Board members; and attends and speaks at various school events.
- Vice President (Communications): The Communications VP manages all PTA communications (emails, flyers, social media, morning announcements, school sign board, etc.). This position also oversees and acts as a liaison to the Board for several PTA Committees (e.g., Boo Hoo Breakfast, Room Parent Coordinator, Service Projects, Staff Appreciation, and Webmaster).
- Vice President (Finance): Supports the Treasurer by collecting and tracking checks and making bank deposits; tracks obligations by Committee to ensure they expenditures are within budget; and coordinates the use of weekend school facilities.
- Vice President (Promotions): This position oversees and acts as a liaison to the Board for several PTA Committees (e.g., After School Programs, Fifth Grade Celebration, Sweets With Someone Special, Variety Show, and Restaurant Fundraisers).
- Vice President (Special Events): This position oversees and acts as a liaison to the Board for several PTA Committees (e.g., Family Movie Night, Book Fair, Back to School Bash, Science Fair, and International Festival).
- Parliamentarian: Responsible for attending the monthly PTA meetings and ensuring that the rules of order are followed for all voting and other PTA obligations.
- Secretary: Responsible for attending the monthly PTA meeting and taking and keeping the minutes of those meetings.
- Treasurer: Responsible for the PTA Bank accounts, filing of PTA tax forms, and other financial/legal obligations.
Volunteer At One-Time Community Events
- Back to School Bash: Help plan this fun-filled family event that has moon bounces, a DJ, food trucks, and more.
- Boo Hoo Breakfast: Organize coffee and morning treats for new Fallsmead parents on the first day of school. Great for those who want to get their feet wet in volunteering!
- Book Fair: Coordinate or help at the Scholastic Book Fair, a week-long fall event where families can buy affordable high-interest books for their children and Fallsmead classrooms.
- Family Movie Night: Coordinate several movie nights at Fallsmead throughout the year. In addition, this person orders pizza and snacks for sale at the events.
- Festival of the Arts: Work with the art teachers and the school to help organize the annual Festival of the Arts in the spring.
- Fifth Grade Celebration: Help plan this great event, which is complete with games, music, and food to recognize our fifth graders as they move to middle school.
- International Festival: Coordinate or participate in an event to celebrate our heritage and diversity during this one-evening world tour at Fallsmead.
- Kindergarten Orientation: Help set up Kindergarten Orientation and summer play dates for incoming kindergarteners. Parents with incoming kindergarteners are the perfect volunteers to set up the play dates!
- New Parent Welcome: Help plan a welcome snack for new parents before the first PTA meeting.
- Science Fair: All young scientists can participate in this school-wide event. We need several volunteers to organize and run this event.
- Spring Fair: We need LOTS of volunteers to plan and run this super fun spring event featuring a DJ, soccer, food trucks, dessert, games, bouncing, face painting, and more!
- Sweets With Someone Special: Celebrate moms, dads, or any other special guest! Help coordinate, or volunteer to serve juice, coffee, and morning treats. Quick and easy for new volunteers!
- Variety Show: We need many volunteers to help plan and organize this great winter event showcasing our students’ many amazing talents.
Volunteer for PTA/School Activities and Programs
- After School Activities: Determines the After School Activities from approved vendors. Creates the schedule with vendors and reviews the school’s procedures with them.
- Cultural Arts/Science Assemblies: Schedule assemblies such as theater/dance groups, musical performers, and science demonstrations.
- Fallsmead Wish List: Works with teachers and staff to solicit and publicize Fallsmead Wish List items.
- Leadership Committee: Attends school-wide leadership meetings throughout the year.
- MCCPTA Rep: Participates in PTA trainings and serves as a MCCPTA liaison for the PTA.
- Membership Committee: Organizes the annual PTA membership drive and puts together and distributes the school directory.
- Recess Coordinator: Work with the office to help recruit parents who can volunteer their time to assist with daily recess.
- Room Parent Coordinator: Coordinates all the room parents (usually via email) and provides guidance for the school-wide class parties (like Halloween and Valentine's Day) and Staff Appreciation Week.
- School Tool Boxes: Organize School Tool Box orders in the spring and distribute them in the fall at back-to-school time.
- Special Education Coordinator: Work with the school on special education issues.
- Staff Appreciation: Help plan various staff appreciation activities (e.g., appreciation lunches and May Staff Appreciation Week) to remind our teachers and staff how much they are valued.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Provides training for new volunteers.
- Webmaster: Keeps the PTA’s website up-to-date and full of useful PTA information.
- Yearbook: Help create the school yearbook or take pictures at different school events. We need multiple volunteers to make this successful.
Help With Fundraising Opportunities
The PTA runs a number of fundraisers to support the programs we do all year long.
- Auction/Gala: Help plan our biennial auction, our biggest fundraiser of the year.
- Box Tops: Earn money for our school by cutting out Box Tops and sending them to school. The Box Tops Chair coordinates this process to make it even easier!
- Restaurant Fundraisers: Set up several restaurant fundraisers during the school year.
- Spirit Wear: The Spirit Wear Chair helps choose and sell Fallsmead Spirit Wear.