Why Join the PTA?
HELP YOUR CHILDREN. . .
Your membership dues and donations have a direct and positive impact on your children and our school. How, you may ask?
- With your help, the PTA is able to organize programs and support academic excellence at Fallsmead through activities like the Science Fair, cultural arts programs, speakers/assemblies, the Artist-In-Residency program, and providing Time for Kids.
- The PTA also supports after-school educational opportunities through our organization of After School Activities like Chess Club, Engineering using LEGO, foreign language, and piano classes, to name a few.
- We also focus on building student character with community service projects like Pennies for Patients, Make A Wish, and donating books and supplies to urban schools with limited resources.
. . .AND OUR SCHOOL
Your membership dues and donations also allow the Fallsmead PTA to support the wonderful teachers and staff that make the Fallsmead experience so fantastic for your children.
- The PTA empowers school educators by helping to fund teacher wish lists and fulfilling special classroom requests from teachers. In 2016-2017, through the PTA’s Wish List campaign, teachers and staff received $5,374 in needed classroom supplies (including $2,271 from amazing parents like YOU; $290 directly from the PTA funds; $1000 from workplace matching grant; and $1,353 in school funds via Wish List Initiated requests!).
- The PTA also organizes room parents, helps recruit much-needed recess volunteers, and helps organize volunteers for school events
- We also value and reward our teachers through staff appreciation events throughout the year and the staff luncheon before school starts.
YOUR SUPPORT ALLOWS US TO OFFER HIGH-QUALITY PROGRAMS, EVENTS, AND ASSISTANCE
It Is because of you and your support that the PTA can plan and fund the wonderful school programs, community events, and general projects that enhance our students’ environment. These are just some of the many things we do with your support, your membership funds, and your commitment:
This is only a small sampling of all the wonderful things the PTA does to enhance a Fallsmead student’s school experience and to build our community.
There is no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
TAP INTO A NETWORK
Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss issues that are on your mind.
GIVE YOURSELF A VOICE AND A VOTE
Membership gives YOU a voice and a vote on school matters, and helps you to better support our teachers and staff.
ENJOY NATIONAL PTA BENEFITS
When you become a member of the Fallsmead Elementary School PTA, you also automatically become a member of the National PTA, the Maryland PTA, and the Montgomery County Council of Parent-Teacher Associations. Being a member of the National PTA gives you discounts with the Member Benefits Providers of the National PTA (benefits currently include discounts from AARP, Sylvan Learning, Good Housekeeping, Hertz, MetLife and others). Read about those benefits HERE.
GET A FALLSMEAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DIRECTORY
And remember, the ONLY way to get the Fallsmead School Directory is to join the Fallsmead PTA! This is an invaluable resource that you will refer to time and again throughout the school year.
ACCESS DIRECTORY INFORMATION ANYWHERE, ANY TIME
Only PTA Members can access the information from the School Directory anytime, anywhere throughout the year on the web or by downloading the A to Z Connect app to your smartphone. Find out how by clicking HERE.